Client Issues

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:32 PM
Hi,

I am currently having some issues with the client, I could use some help with. It seems all the sends/recieves are failing on my client in ecosystem mode. I am currently using the terrariumserver.com address as the server and have opened up all the ports I could find in terrarium docs.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I could try?

Thanks
Jul 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM
Looking at the server homepage, it looks like no one is connecting or sending/receiving any creatures. I have talked to a few people and all are getting the same results as you. I don't think its your system at this time. 
Jul 21, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Ditto here. I'm running a local server internally here and peers inside my network are working, but anytime I try to connect to the terrariumserver.com address it will connect, but I just get failed sends and receives.
Jul 21, 2008 at 6:15 PM
Once i figure out how to setup the server, i will have to create a local one until the public one is fixed. .
Sep 21, 2008 at 8:45 AM
Edited Sep 21, 2008 at 8:51 AM
    Is it possible that the client is inside a firewall? I found following description in
http://www.terrariumserver.com/documentation/client_faq.aspx

==>
3.4 How do I configure my NAT device?
            The .NET Terrarium will run if you are behind a network address translator and it will be able to connect to the discovery server but it will not be able to receive creatures from other peers. This is because the peers cannot directly access a machine that is behind a NAT without making a configuration change to the NAT. To make the necessary configuration change, right click on the Terrarium screen and select "Game Settings.", click on the "Server" tab on the screen that comes up and check "Enable Nat/Firewall support". You need to modify the NAT device to map the TCP port 50000 on the device to port 50000 on the machine that is running the .NET Terrarium. The steps involved in mapping the port will vary depending on what type of NAT is being used. Check your NAT device documentation for information on how to map ports from the NAT to a private internal machine. For more information on network address
translators, see the NAT Terminology and Considerations RFC.