Getting started building a new creature?

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Hello,
I'm trying to build a Terrarium animal, following the tutorial here: http://terrariumserver.com/documentation/tutorial_cs.aspx

It mentions when creating the new csproj: "In the Templates pane, click Terrarium Animal"

Where can I find this VS template? I don't see it anywhere in any of the downloads.

I am using Windows XP with VS2005 (I don't have access to the 5 year old VS2003). If this only works on .Net 1.1, I'll need to hold off.

I see several tutorials and documents, but none of them seem to explain how to get past this step.

Thanks,
Tim

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:38 PM
The docs have yet to be updated and I believe that they were provided in the context of a training session where users had access to the template. Just create a new C# (or VB) Windows Class Library project and add a reference to OrganismBase.dll that you'll find in the SDK. (I believe you can find it under the Solutions folder.)

Also in the SDK are some sample carnivores and herbivores under the Skeleton directory. If you have added the reference to OrganismBase.dll, then the sample critters there should compile without any problem.
Jul 23, 2008 at 7:46 PM
Thanks, that worked perfectly.