Public server address

Aug 28, 2008 at 10:03 PM
Can anyone tell me what the URL for the public server is?  The address that is the default when I installed Tarrarium doesn't work and doesn't look like a valid address.  I have http://LHSDKTIER1/Tarrarium/

Thanks,

Bill
Aug 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM
http://www.terrariumserver.com
Sep 1, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2008 at 6:29 AM
Also, we're running an experimental site for sharing the Terrarium 2 experience.  This sandbox is used by a group of Japanese and North American developers found at this site! 

Update Sept 3, 2008:  The terrarium site http://terrarium.loopy.jp is presently experiencing difficulties    Please check back later 

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:14 PM
dhollas:  Your site does not work.  Terrarium says it is not a terrarium server.
Oct 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Hi, I just introduced my herbivore 'Itch 1.0' to the ecosystem. Unfortunately I was the only player on the public terrarium server at that moment (although the game said there was 1 peer, but all teleports failed so I'm assuming that the peer-count was including myself).

Are other people playing this game at the moment? Just let me know, because I'd love to see some 'foreign' creatures being teleported into my terrarium!

--Dion

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM
Peer count includes yourself (at least I think so, I've never seen it to be 0). People come and go on the server and I've seen it up to 20. I think the teleporter is broken due to hard coded version numbers and the server rejecting the client assemblies, I have to check this out and they'll probably be a patch. In the meantime, you can download creatures people have uploaded to the server and add them to your terrarium to see the interactions.
Oct 26, 2008 at 8:40 PM
How do we download bugs from the server?
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2008 at 2:45 AM
Click on the Add icon when your in ecosystem mode. There's a button to download the list from the server. You can only download the list once every 30 minutes, but once you've downloaded it any species that are avaialble on the server can be introduced to your terrarium locally.
Oct 27, 2008 at 6:56 AM
I remember in the old version of Terrarium that button ment something like 'reintroduce distinct bug'.
In terrarium 2.0 the list of downloadable bugs is empty for me now (but a couple of days ago I could see a single "default herbivore" in that list).
Maybe this is also because of the version number conflicts?

--Dion
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2008 at 9:41 AM
Last button on the bottom right will introduce animals in ecosystem mode. The re-introduce is there in terrarium mode as a drop-down now (which you don't see in ecosystem mode). I just checked and the list is empty but I know it was full a couple of weeks ago when I was mucking around. I'll check and see what's going on. Trying to get a new release out shortly that will clean a lot of things up. Thanks.
Oct 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Thank you.
Nov 17, 2008 at 1:07 AM
How's progress on the new release?