Where are all of the animals?

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM
If I recall there were quite a few organisms from the old terrarium.  Where did they all go?  The current terrarium doesn't have any plants and I wasn't able to find any descriptiong of how to create plants.  I may have missed it so if I did could someone point me to it?

Thanks
-E

BTW - big ups for getting this thing rolling again.  I always thought it was a shame that it fizzled out.
Apr 30, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Yea, I didn't find any plant too. So my poor creatures are all starved to death, yea, they're really dead.
I noticed there are some sentences in the doc named Advanced Develop Guide said that "Plant Eats Sunlight"?!
And I tried write some plant, but it doesn't work at all.
So can you give us some hints about the plant problem
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Plants are boring and have very little capabilties (other than to breed). Sorry but the advanced developer guide was written by Microsoft and I haven't had a change to go through and either a) remove anything they wrote that they didn't implement or b) implement what they spec'd out.

There is a plan to make plants more interesting and useful. Right now just create one using the guide (there are samples on the wiki too) and plop a few in your Terrarium to keep your animals happy. Remember that you need plants to feed the herbivores, and herbivores to feed the carnivores in order to get a full cycle going and keep the animals alive.