Server Setup

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM
First of all, I apologize if there is a document stating how to get this setup. I was unable to find one in all of the files that I downloaded. If there, please refer me to this document so I can stop wasting your time here. =)

I'm interested in getting a Terarrium server setup locally for some creature testing. I have downloaded the Terrarium-2.0-Server.zip package but have having some trouble getting my server up and running.

I've created the database and added the tables. I setup a web app in IIS and pointed it to the website directory. The website says that the Database is up, but that the web services are down. What am I missing?
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Check the Application event log for errors and let us know what it says.
Aug 8, 2008 at 9:42 PM
Well. I was able to figure out my issue.

I am running Vista and was getting an exception when starting the website for the first time when it was trying to create the "Terrarium Website Started" log message. This was being caused by my Network Service user not having access to search through all of the EventLog entries int he registry. I had to update my permissions on the event log keys and then everything started working nicely.

Thanks,
~ Paul
Aug 8, 2008 at 11:11 PM
I finally found your security post on the 2nd page. I remember looking at it initially, but at the time I didn't know that was my issue. Could have saved some time with that post. =)

Now if I can just figure out why I keep getting "Terrarium is experience some server problems. Please try again later." (bad grammar and all) locally and on terrariumserver.com.

~ Paul